Show HN: A keyboard-centric clipboard history app for macOS https://ift.tt/awDhX6T

Show HN: A keyboard-centric clipboard history app for macOS Hey HN, As a Software Engineer, I frequently copy and paste content. The fact that macOS clipboard buffer can keep only one item is very frustrating. It’s very annoying to copy → switch app → paste → switch app → copy → switch app → paste, and so on. Losing items I copied hours ago and having to find and copy them again is a waste of time. I tried many third-party clipboard managers like Alfred, Raycast, Paste, Maccy, etc. While great, they didn't fully meet my needs. As a developer, my requirements are: 1. Keyboard-centric operation to avoid using the mouse. I don’t want to waste my time moving my hands from the keyboard. 2. Display many clipboard history items at once. I don’t like the idea with big tiles, so I can see only 5-7 history items on my 32” monitor. 3. Full content preview for each clipboard item. 4. Quick search functionality. So, I created ClipBook for my own use. After months of development, daily use, and positive feedback from my colleagues, I decided to share it publicly. It’s free. All data is securely stored on your computer. I’m planning to make it open source as well. If you try it out, please let me know if you found it useful, if you have anything you’d like me to add, or if you have any other feedback. Happy to answer any questions. Much appreciated. https://clipbook.app/ June 11, 2024 at 10:10PM

Comments