Show HN: Glyph DLP – a data loss prevention API https://ift.tt/ieBj1GO

Show HN: Glyph DLP – a data loss prevention API Hi HN, Glyph DLP is an API that scans or redacts sensitive information (emails, SSNs, credit cards, etc.) from Base64-encoded files/strings. So far I have coverage for text files, JSON, PDF, CSV, DOCX, and XLSX files and may consider adding a few more in the future. I made this app mostly for fun and learning and to scratch the creative itch over the past few months. I am using FastAPI in Docker hosting it on Fly.io. I originally wanted to use SQLite/LiteFS on Fly but ran into some issues with concurrent writers when keeping track of rate-limiting on the API. I am now using managed MySQL on Planetscale which has been awesome and would definitely recommend both Fly and Planetscale to anyone making small hobby projects. Even though the API functions are relatively simple, this is definitely the hardest I have worked on an app. I put a lot more effort into design and getting things how I want them, learning how to write better tests, documenting the API, etc. I also want to mention that Glyph DLP does not store any content from files as they are scanned/redacted or use the information from uploaded content in any way. I have no users to speak of at the moment and appreciate any feedback! https://ift.tt/OJvYGwq October 21, 2023 at 03:02AM

Comments