Show HN: Im building open-source headless CMS for technical content https://ift.tt/qHSmfWz

Show HN: I’m building open-source headless CMS for technical content In the last few years I've been doing a lot of technical writing, both for my own programming blog and others, and I've noticed there is a lack of good tools for this kind of writing. Whether that was a programming blog post or documentation, I always had to move back an forth between different editors, and sometimes even other apps for content management and the actual content publication. A lot of copy-pasting, and wasted time. Based on this experience I decided to try and build a tool that could provide a good experience for this kind of content from writing to publishing. This (I call it Vrite) ended up being essentially a headless CMS, but optimized for technical content and a pretty unique one overall, I'd say. I tried to combine what can be seen as 3 separate products into one: - WYSIWYG editor (with the addition of code-specific tooling like code editor or formatter) - Kanban dashboard (inspired by my experience of tools like Trello used in larger technical content teams to manage content production process) - The actual headless CMS (content delivery via API, integrations, etc.) Most recently I decided to open-source it and see if there's any interest in such a tool. Right now the primary focus was my personal use-case (kind-of "promotional" technical writing seen in programming and start-up blogs), but I think, with more customization, something like this could extend to the documentation space and make writing and managing docs a lot easier. Let me know what do you think about this. https://vrite.io/ June 14, 2023 at 05:02PM

Comments